Traditional family pub and restaurant in Pontypool
Here at The Rising Sun Inn we offer our customers more than just a place to drink in Pontypool.
Our traditional pub is set in a 16th century farmhouse that has been extended by current owners Nigel and Sue.
The pub boasts a restaurant serving a range of traditional pub fayre to suit all tastes from a light bite to a three-course Sunday lunch. To view our evening and lunch menus click the links.
Enjoy a range of real ales, beers, wines and spirits in front of the inglenook fire and bread ovens in our original bar. Or if you would prefer a more relaxed drink we have two lounges and patio area available.
Enjoy a drink at The Rising Sun Inn:
- Range of real ales, beers, wines and spirits
- Original bar and two lounges available
- Fresh food available in the dining room
- Patio area
- Children's play area and lawn
- Live entertainment
- Quiz night
- Live sport on Sky Sports and ESPN
Food at The Rising Sun Inn:
- Meals are served Tues - Sat lunchtime 12:00pm - 3:00pm evening 6:00pm - 9:15pm
- Tuesday and Thursday lunchtime over 60s special menu £6.00 for 2 courses
- Traditional Sunday roast 12:00pm - 3:30pm 3 courses £9.35
- Christmas meal served throughout December £16.75 3 courses coffee and mints to finish
To book a table, call us today on 01495 773 256